Sunday, January 13, 2008

O.K. It's been two months!

I know, I know, it's been along time since I posted. It almost becomes over whelming when you wait so long because now I don't know where to begin.

We had a nice Thanksgiving at my aunt's house then we sped over to the fire house for dessert since Austin had to work that day. Then I dropped the kids off with my friend Bridgette's husband who let them sleep over (thanks Shaun). Then met up with Bridgette at Best Buys where we sat outside ALL night long in 9 degree weather. Bridgette almost got into a fight with some guy at two a.m. that tried to cut in line, we weren't going to have any of that! We got rid of him and at 3:30 in the morning they passed out the tickets for the "Door Busters" and we got our laptops and printers for 229$! It was well worth it.

Then came December, we (I )do our house up big, we have three full size trees and garland everywhere, even the outside of the house. And these aren't just regular garlands, Oh, know they have balls and bead and bows and lights, which make them even more fun to hang! This year I hung off the second story roof with Austin so that he couldn't say that I make him get up there while I stand by and watch.
I had all of the Young Men and Women over for a Christmas time mutual, they were very respectful of our home, probably because Sis Johnson gave them a good talking to before letting them in. It was great considering that there where about forty teens in my house.

Austin had to work Christmas Eve so the kids and I went to the fire house for dinner and dessert. The kids got their traditional pair of pajamas (actually, Pierce got a robe this year) and then I took the kids to "the best light display in Colorado" personally I think it's a little much but the kids really liked it, especially the train that ran around the property. Then just a couple of houses down his son has his house done up too, I little more to my taste, more lights less stuffed animals/dolls.

Christmas was good, very quite, just us, we had a big Christmas, present wise. This has been our first year that I have felt like we could have a little fun and not worry (as much) about what we spent. From Santa Emma got an American Girl Doll and Pierce got a bike (that he could have cared less about) all that he wanted was "a big Thomas Aqua Doodle" Everything he opened he would say "I don't want this, I want a big Thomas Aqua Doodle" well, thank goodness he got it! Please don't think he's a brat, he just only wanted one thing :-) In fact earlier in the season his request was even simpler, he just wanted a blue present!

That evening we went to our neighbor's for dinner, we had a great time she went all out with the bree and the asparagus in puff pastry and the lemon slices in the ice cubes. I said "geez Heidi, it's just us!"

My Friend Bridgette and I are like bargain sole mates, we have such a great time finding the extreme bargians, we were stalking our target store waiting for them to go 90% off and finally about a week ago they did, I couldn't get there at 8 because I had to get Emma off to school so she call me and said forget our store, get to this other one, they are going to pull out 13 pallets from the back! We stood in one spot for 5 hours while they opened box after box after pallet after pallet in front of us all 90% off and my sweet little Pierce stood their that whole time with his crazy mom. We had five carts worth of stuff (two we took to the car early on) but the other three we drug through the Super Target together with Pierce on the side saying, toot toot, here comes the train," as if we were enough of a sight! One guy jokingly said, "I hate to tell you this, but Christmas is over" so I told him, "I hate to tell you this, but next Christmas you'll be paying full price" We both laughed. But I think I had the better laugh! :-)

Now that I've rambled on for way to long, I will try once again to keep up with this blog!

3 comments:

Diana said...

I was so excited to read in your Christmas letter that you had a blog. I love blogging! It osunds like you guys are doing great! I have to admit though I was a little jealous when I read your Best But story. My sister and I braved the cold at the Best Buy down here to get the computer, only to have them run out of tickets right before they got to us! We really need to get together to catch up, and so Emma and Alexis can play before they forget about eachother!

Cara said...

I guess 1 post every 2-4 mos is keeping up. Yah right! I can't believe that I found your blog. Well actually I can, I have found a few friends from CO. How the heck are you? It's fun to see pictures of you guys. I can't believe how big Peirce is. He was brand new when we moved. Hopefully we can keep in touch now (if you ever look at your blog). carajohnson.blogspot.com
Good to see you!

Tracy and Cindy said...

Hey Deanne, this is Cindy your long lost roomie from Ricks. I was excited to see you blog. Your kids are so beautiful and cute, but it doesn't really surprise me. I don't have a blog because I couldn't keep up if I tried. I have a hard enough time checking my email often and responding. So anyway we are toying with the idea of relocating to denver area for my husbands work. Just wondered if you might lend me some insights on good areas to live and things like that. My in-laws live in Cheyenne so we'd like to live more north. Feel free to email me when you have a chance at wannabwithu64@yahoo.com. Thanks a bunch! I'm glad to hear your family is doing so well. -Cindy